It’s important to know what your values and motivational drivers are, in order to stay focused on your goals and achieve lasting success. In this blog post, we will explore these topics in-depth and offer advice on how to stay motivated when things get tough. We will also share tips to best use the power of your values and motivations. So, if you are ready to learn more about yourself, read on!
What are values and motivational drivers?
Values are the guiding principles that dictate our decisions and actions in life. They can be personal or societal and can vary greatly from individual to individual. Some of our most common values include family, friendship, integrity, charity, and justice.
Our values provide us with a sense of purpose and help us to make a difference in the world. They are also a source of inspiration, reminding us of why we are working towards our goals.
Motivational drivers, on the other hand, are the things that inspire us to achieve our goals. These can be internal or external factors and can also vary greatly from individual to individual. Some of our most common motivational drivers include a sense of accomplishment, wanting to make a difference in the world or something else entirely.
Without motivational drivers, it can be difficult to stay focused on our goals and achieve lasting success.
Let us now go in-depth about values and motivational drivers and how they can help us achieve our goals.
How can values help you?
Whether we are aware of it or not, life may be a lot more pleasant when we embrace our principles – and when we make plans and decisions that are consistent with them.
There are many benefits to having values, some of which include:
- A sense of purpose: Values give our lives meaning and direction. They inspire us to do something that matters and make a difference in the world.
- A source of inspiration: Our values remind us of why we are working towards our goals. They provide us with the motivation to keep going, even when things get tough.
- A source of strength: Our values can help us to stay focused and committed to our goals, even when we are feeling discouraged or doubt ourselves.
- A sense of satisfaction: When we live in accordance with our values, we tend to feel more fulfilled and satisfied with life.
How to use your values to achieve success?
There are many ways in which you can use your values to achieve success. Here are some tips:
- Identify your top five values: Write down a list of all the things that are important to you in life. Then, narrow it down to your top five values. These are the values that you should focus on when making decisions and taking action.
- Live in accordance with your values: Once you know what your values are, it’s important to live in accordance with them. This means making choices and taking actions that align with your values. Doing so will help you to feel more fulfilled and satisfied with life.
- Use your values as a compass: When you are not sure what to do or where to go in life, use your values as a compass. Ask yourself, “Will this decision or action help me to achieve my goals and live in accordance with my values?” If the answer is yes, then it’s likely a good decision.
- Let your values guide your actions: As you go about your day-to-day life, let your values guide your actions. For example, if one of your values is family, make sure to spend time with your loved ones. Or, if one of your values is integrity, be honest in all that you do.
- Communicate your values to others: It’s important to communicate your values to others, especially if you’re in a leadership position. Doing so will help them to understand your decision-making process and why you do the things you do.
It’s important to think about your values when deciding what to do next. You may have to make concessions on something you really wanted to accomplish. It’s okay if you don’t get everything you desired. But it is not acceptable to give up on anything that matters to you because you didn’t obtain what you desired.
Always remember to keep track of what you have already done, so you can check if you have reached the end yet. You will also need to remember what you are doing at any given time, so you can compare the current item with the previous one.
How can motivational drivers help you?
The reasons we get out of bed every morning are our Motivational Drivers. We are inspired by various things at different times. If you come home exhausted from a long day at work, for example, your motivation might be low. Your motivation may be high if you are anticipating a big project ahead of you.
Motivation comes in many forms and it’s important to identify what yours are.
- Achievement: People who are driven by the desire to achieve something great will be motivated by challenges. They see obstacles as something to overcome, not something to avoid.
- Accomplishment: People who are driven by the need to accomplish something will be motivated by a sense of responsibility. They feel a duty to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Advancement: People who are driven by the need for advancement will be motivated by opportunities. They see each new challenge as a chance to move up in the world.
- Recognition: People who are driven by the need for recognition will be motivated by the approval of others. They want to be seen as successful and appreciated for their accomplishments.
- Respect: People who are driven by the need for respect will be motivated by a desire to be seen as competent and capable. They want others to view them as experts in their field.
These are just a few of the many motivational drivers that people have. It’s important to identify what yours are so you can use them to achieve success.
Motivational drivers to avoid:
- Abstract: People who are driven by abstract things like “the perfect world” or “true love” will often be disappointed. These things are not concrete and cannot be achieved in the real world.
- Ego: People who are driven by their ego will often put themselves ahead of others. They may be successful, but they will not have lasting relationships.
- Happiness: People who are driven by happiness will often be disappointed. Happiness is a fleeting emotion and it’s not possible to be happy all the time.
It’s important to identify your motivational drivers so you can use them to achieve success. Avoiding abstract, ego-driven, and happiness-driven motivation will help you to stay on track.
Now that you know about values and motivational drivers, it’s time to put them into action. Use your values as a compass to help you make decisions and take actions that will lead you to a fulfilling life. And, let your motivational drivers inspire you to achieve great things.
What are your values and motivational drivers? Share them in the comments below!